Thursday, September 16, 2010

Dream !!!!...... So that you can achieve !!!

          Please read till the end if you once started reading !!!!! you will regret it otherwise !!!

           Since childhood, I had a great liking for what is called 'Gentlemen's Game', Cricket. Used to watch it like crazy. Even liked to watch a ball-by-ball game of a 5-Day Test Match, and even liked to watch a ten year old repeat telecast. Hardly mattered to me that the team I supported, WON or LOST. Cricket was all I liked the most. Even gave a thought of becoming a player once, so joined coaching classes !!
          But as it is said, "Everything is not everybody's cup of tea", same was with me. I could never get the proper 'Footwork' for batting, and my 'Ramakant Acharekar' was always angry on me for this very reason. He was pretty impressed with my fielding though.
         'Javagal Srinath' was my favourite cricketer. He was the kind of bowler that India would totally rely on. He many times made us victorious with his bowling abilities. But once was his magical day. He snatched a victory with his BAT, "Victory was snatched from the misery of defeat.." and that too against the best team in the world, The Ausies.
        During those times, we used to get loads of free stickers and cards of cricket players on every purchase of chewing gums. I had a bat habit of always chewing it and collect the free cards and stickers. Once I came across Javagal Srinath's card. After reading the details,  came to know that he was a 'Software Engineer'.  Without knowing what it meant, even I wanted to became 'Software Engineer'. This time I really wanted to become. I said this to my neighbouring uncle that I dream of becomming an 'Engineer'. I did not remember the word 'Software', as it was an alien word for me, My uncle asked, "which Engineer???? "
             "Computer Engineer" !!! I replied with a proudness in my voice. Suddenly was my proudness shattered as he again inquired "Software OR Hardware???". I had no reply for this question of his. I asked "What do they really mean and what is the basic difference??".  He then made me understand everything. Then with great difficulty and keeping my favorite bowler in mind, I said, "Software Engineer". Now after saying this I really had to be one.
             Took admission into the Science stream with keeping in mind, my dream. Then after 12th grade was my dream line to go. So bought the forms for various Engineering Entrance Exams, and filled them with great enthusiasm. As the entrance exams were nearing, everyone refused to enter into my dream, by saying "YOU ARE UNFIT FOR ENGINEERING, better take admission into BSc". All my dreams were shattered in a fraction of seconds. Tried hard to convince them, but all in vain. I was very disappointed.
But I had heard somewhere that "Let anything happen, Life must go on.."..
             With great disappointment took admission into Bsc-IT. I had the sadness in me of missing the tag of being called as a "Software Engineer". I started graduation career with a great regret, but enjoyed a hell out there with all my freaky friends. Miss them a lot !!! Played volley-ball for a college team, which was my hobby since school days. Played Music on JUNK, which made me an award winner for 2 years. Took part into 'VISIONS', the Inter-Collegiate fest, and handled events like 'Antakshari', 'Treasure-Hunt', and somehow slowly and steadily completed my 3 year graduation with second class.

             After my graduation I was aimless. Came to know about a course called ADSD, Advanced Diploma for Software Development, and joined it in Bandra. A full time course, which was very beautifully designed, but very tiring. "All things doesn't come in single package, not even a Rose flower". It was a course of 1 year and any how I finished this 1 year of PG course as well.
           Then came the time for campus placements. I wasn't nervous as I knew I would not be selected every early and unfortunately I wasn't in first 4 companies that interviewed me. One thing good is that I did not panic and again with less hope, I went for the fifth company. This time call it luck favoring me or my efforts, got selected, also in my favorite technology 'C++'. I was pretty excited and really really happy.

           Next week, one morning got a call from there to collect my Offer Letter. I was going to get the first offer letter of my professional career. Reached the office at the sharp time that they specified. After collecting the offer letter, with great interest I read......
            "Mr. Sunil Shivanand Keni is appointed in this organization under a bond period of 18 months as a 'Software Engineer'". Last two words took me back into my childhood dream. I was really amazed and was  crazy reading the words 'Software Engineer'. All my dead and forgotten dreams suddenly became alive. I was shocked and at the same time was feeling as on the top of the world.
           So I just say want to say is "DREAM BIG n GET THEM." Even my dreams are much more bigger than becoming a Software Engineer. What ever we dream to want, we actually get it. Remember !!! "Everything in this world happens for a reason" . I dreamed, I wished, and it turned to be reality !!! Hence liked to share this small experience with everyone. I will wish more and will achieve them !!

But as of now all I want to say is...


                " 1 Thing that I wished to be called as.. now I AM... "

1 comment:

  1. heyy da...awsuummm..hehhe..nvr knew dis MR Software Engineer...;) :) ohkii now u dream about that big sleeping white teddy..hehehe..whts say???

    ReplyDelete